Here at Alderson’s Family Funerals when a funeral isn’t necessary to say goodbye to your love one we can provide a direct cremation. This service cremates your loved one without a ceremony, a service were we take care of all the relevant arrangements. Our direct cremation service provided everything you need to provide the deceased with a dignified goodbye in a low-key and affordable manner.
Our direct cremation service includes:
- A safe resting place for your loved one before and until the special date
- Advice on registration by our dedicated and sympathetic team
- Removal of the deceased from anywhere within a ten mile radius of our premises. We are, of course, happy to travel further but an additional cost may apply.
- A simple veneered oak coffin
- Transport of the deceased to Durham crematorium using our hearsette
- Collection and safekeeping of cremated remains for up to one month (if required)
This service does not cater for family or mourners to attend the committal, but we will notify you of the date and time.
Based in Durham, Alderson’s Family Funerals serve families throughout the surrounding areas such as Newton Hall, Belmont and Coxhoe. If you would like to learn more about our range of direct cremation service, please don’t hesitate to get in touch